Whiskers…Those Fiendish Little Buggers…

   Finishing the face of Katerina the Cat was quite refreshing…the cat has character now!   Whiskers were my problem this time…eye lashes…not so much… these whiskers were put in…taken out…put in….taken out…put back in…then finally they looked happy the way they were…Even trying to use my “air erasable marker” to help with placement on these buggers was a bust…but I finally got there….Sometimes I just say “I’m glad that is overwith….I can relax now… 

   Making sure there was a looser tension when I stitched a whisker…that alone allowed me to manipulate where I couched a curve in it…a tiny stitch of the same color was used just to help hold the whisker in place.  Unable to see the printed lines for the whiskers also created a bit of a trial to make sure they were placed in a nice manner. Using the original picture from the directions and just eyballing where they should go was difficult  for me but after the many trials I finally am satisfied….

   There are sometimes certain aspects of my sewing that drive me nuts….I still have a hard time with “gathering” by sewing machine…albeit…I am better at it then I used to be….so simple “whiskers” aught to be easy right… I was kidding myself….I am glad to be blessed with the ability to walk away from a project so I can prune my ruffled feathers and feel myself again…to continue on….

Katerina is really  starting to look good now…next onto the “Mane”!

  

Love to hear comments...thanks!