Monthly Archives: May 2016

Tudor Rose …Lesson 4 con’t…

     I did finish “one” of the Tudor Roses. Below is a photo of the finished rose. Still have three to go but wanted to see what I thought of a finished one… some lopsidedness going on but am happy. Coming from the preciseness of having been involved with machine embroidery for many years… having stitching less than perfect is sometimes nice and then again not… Noticing that the petal shapes “traced” from the design were all a bit different in size I was prepared for the inconsistensies of the petals therefore they will all look different… the blurred lines are all covered…I think I need to add one more “french knot” in the center. In the directions there are only a few french knots…but adding some extra is my choice which is what I like about needle painting. It definitely becomes your interpretation of a piece. Okay…back to putting that “french knot in….it’s bugging me…

Trevelyon’s Cap Course…Tudor Roses (Lesson 4)

   Finally have gotten back to the “Cap Course”…. Whilst working on the Tudor Rose (lesson 4)…you need a sharp drawing pencil to draw curved lines that meet in a point in each petal to give it an overturn look…well…deciding to use a very fine permanent pen…put my dot in..and ….it ran/spread…I figured it was just the dot so continued on drawing my curves as suggested in the directions…the pen ran there too as you can see below…I do like thin lines…Maybe I should have used the air erasable…we shall see how this all comes out…


   Next I used the “gold/yellow” floss to satin stitch the curves…first using a tiny split stitch around the top curve…then starting at the center point bringing up the one strand of floss and filling the space in…below shows the result of one of the Roses…The brain debate kicked in as to whether they will get redone or not…Thankfully all the lines will be covered so therefore decided to use the upper part of the thick line as my guide for the satin stitches. Trying to put the pedal to the medal to get this finished…so many other wonderful stitching challenges out there that are calling me…

Field Mouse….A Tanja Berlin Design

It’s been awhile since I shared about the progress on my mouse…this design challanged me….I actually had to put it up for a bit just so it could be thought about and pondered over. Thankfully not to long…wellll…..

It’s Finished!   A scary finish…the kind where a person is wondering if the face is actually going to look like a mouse!

As mentioned in an earlier post the outlines for stitching were pretty faded and depending on the picture was an absolute must…and ‘oh’ the eyes…..get those wrong and Tanja said you should redo them….I really fight redoing if at all possible…Then the design itself is definitely for someone who has confidence in there experience with “needle painting”…The years that Tanja has …totally overshadows mine…

All together now “my” Field Mouse” came out to my liking….hope you enjoy looking at it. Keep thinking there is something else I need to do to it…but I have put the skids on this one and stopped….while I think I am ahead…