Tudor Rose …Lesson 4 con’t…

     I did finish “one” of the Tudor Roses. Below is a photo of the finished rose. Still have three to go but wanted to see what I thought of a finished one… some lopsidedness going on but am happy. Coming from the preciseness of having been involved with machine embroidery for many years… having stitching less than perfect is sometimes nice and then again not… Noticing that the petal shapes “traced” from the design were all a bit different in size I was prepared for the inconsistensies of the petals therefore they will all look different… the blurred lines are all covered…I think I need to add one more “french knot” in the center. In the directions there are only a few french knots…but adding some extra is my choice which is what I like about needle painting. It definitely becomes your interpretation of a piece. Okay…back to putting that “french knot in….it’s bugging me…

3 thoughts on “Tudor Rose …Lesson 4 con’t…

  1. Catherine

    What lovely work! Such a beautiful flower. Watching you move this along is finally giving me an incentive to pick it up again. Though I’ve decided to do one panel at a time in full. The thought of more leaves does not fill me with much excitement! Thanks for sharing this, and you had nothing to worry about with the pen.

    Reply
    1. Annie's Needle Arts Post author

      Catherine,
      Thanks…It did stitch up fairly quickly so the other roses should be done sooner than later…hope you get to work more on yours! I am impatient because I want to do the “goldwork”! The leaves were a bit long in the tooth to do. Am glad they are over with for a bit…

      Reply

Love to hear comments...thanks!